Real Estate Agents: Are You Ready for 2017?
November 28 2016
With 2016 drawing to a close, now is an ideal time to reassess your business strategy for the new year. With that in mind, here are five ideas to get you ready to tackle the real estate world in 2017.
1. Get new, professional headshots. Are your profile pics outdated? Take the time to upgrade them. You need to be easily recognizable to your audience and networking connections across all platforms. And while you're at it, refresh your background images and update your bio and contact information if necessary.
2. Clean up your database. When's the last time you went through your contacts? If you don't clean your data, you run the risk of sending emails to dead accounts and potential spam traps.
3. Revisit your business plan. What are your goals for 2017? What will your budget look like? Are your plans likely to produce an acceptable ROI? See what worked and what didn't in 2016 and make the necessary adjustments.
4. Create a content marketing calendar. Plan your social media and email marketing campaigns for the year, taking into consideration seasonal events or promotions. Focus on aligning your content strategy with your business goals.
5. Start with a clean slate. Don't begin 2017 with a bunch of lingering tasks that you've been putting off for months. Whether it's responding to emails or updating the books, make the time to get it done and mark it off your to-do list. This relieves some unnecessary pressure and allows you to start the new year fresh and ready.