5 Ways to Gain Clients' Trust
June 29 2017
Referrals have always been a huge part of the real estate business. In fact, 42 percent of homebuyers and 39 percent of sellers reported choosing their agent based on a referral. What do those numbers tell you as an agent? If you want to be successful in real estate, you have to earn the trust of your clients and prospects. Here are five ways to go about it:
1. Understand their needs. Never assume you know what your clients want. Instead, ask them, and then actively listen to their responses. Try to work within the parameters they've set. Show them you are paying attention and have their best interests at heart.
2. Be honest. Honesty means laying it all on the line -- no sugarcoating, no convenient omissions. Never make promises you won't be able to keep, and always set realistic expectations. Provide factual information that will help them make informed decisions.
3. Communicate. Don't neglect your clients. Answer calls, texts and emails promptly, and make a point to reach out regularly with updates, even if nothing major has changed. Let them know you're thinking about their needs.
4. Guide the process. Homebuyers and sellers are much savvier than they used to be thanks to the internet, but you are still the expert. Use your firsthand experience and industry knowledge to prepare them every step of the way.
5. Build your online presence. When people search for properties and agents online, you want to come up in that search. Improve your chances by keeping your website and blog updated, as well as your business listings, online reviews and social media profiles. And be sure to provide valuable content such as expert advice, infographics and video testimonials. It's a great way to build trust with prospects.