5 Ways to Boost Productivity Today
May 25 2017
Spring and summer are hectic seasons for real estate agents. If you want to stay on top of things, it's important to make effective use of your time. With that in mind, here's a list of productivity tips and apps that can help.
1. Set goals and map out a game plan. Schedule all tasks while blocking out a little free time for yourself. Apps such as Asana can help keep your team on the same page and projects on a steady course to completion.
2. Use your time wisely. Remember that being busy doesn't equate to being productive. Make sure your actions are goal-oriented. Outsource any tasks that can be easily delegated. Even personal tasks such as grocery shopping can be handled by others now thanks to apps like Instacart.
3. Avoid multitasking. Instead, focus on one responsibility at a time. Determine what your priority items are, and tackle those first. Then return to the less important tasks. When you do too many things at once, it's difficult to do each of them well.
4. Limit distractions. You can use an app like Inbox Pause to temporarily put incoming emails on hold while you concentrate on getting work done. And if you find yourself distracted by certain websites or social media, there are apps such as SelfControl and Focus to prevent that, too.
5. Set strict time limits on meetings and calls. Make sure each minute is productive, and be clear on the next steps for each attendee. Be sure to take good notes so you can easily follow up later.